The Coordinating Council Team Leaders came together in March to celebrate an active year together and each was invited to share the one thing they were most proud to have had their team accomplish. This is what they said –
- Providing all social events open to all with no fees.
- Moving the hymnals from under the chairs to the new bookcases.
- Actualization of the Memorial Wall
- Coordinating Council Teams working in consort with each other.
- New patio that has made our sanctuary more welcoming and coffee hour more hospitable.
- Exploding vitality of the Social Justice Team
- Fiscal Team committees working together and producing
- Campus Team fellowship
- Expanded community involvement at our RE programs due to informative topics and expanded advertising
- Expanded numbers involved in the Welcoming Announcement
- Advertising emphasis changed – program focused
- Pathways no longer emphasizing membership but rather offering information.
- System changed to readily identify friends and supply nametags.
- Focused, high quality Adult RE options have brought record number of new people to UUCOV.
- The positive energy and connections of the congregation that is noted by members, friends, visitors and minister.
You will note not one “I” statement in the above. These are all team accomplishments. It truly does take a village to raise a congregation. Thank you to all of you who participated this year in making all the above possible. For those of you made Sunday coffee, weeded a garden, supported the meditation class, came to discuss at Plato or Socrates, or participated on a committee we hope you have felt some pride in a good year!