The Coordinating Council
At UUCOV, we have a Coordinating Council you need to know about. Why? Because if you have a question or an idea, or you would like to volunteer in a specific area, or something is of concern to you, a Council Team Leader is the person to go to.
All the committees of UUCOV are organized into eleven Teams. The Team Leaders, appointed by the board to serve for one year, make up the Council and meet monthly with an agenda and minutes. The Council is chaired by the Vice President of the Board, presently Linda Underwood. If you wish to add an item to the agenda, send that information to her. You can read the minutes on our website or on the lanai bulletin board. The Counci meets the second Tuesday of the month. Visitors are welcome.
As we grow, it is harder to know everything and everyone and to keep track and participate in all that is offered at UUCOV. It is our goal to keep communication open and transparent, with information easily available
UUCOV is fortunate to have volunteers who give generously of their time and talent; current Team Leaders are:
- Administration, Dave Lyon - Denominational affairs, personnel, strategic planning
- Caring and Remembrance, Bev Morrison - Caring committee, memorial wall
- Communications, Tom Voigt - Website, monthly Connection, weekly Happenings, publicity, brochures
- Fiscal Team, Joel Morrison - Finance, Endowment, Fundraising, Stewardship, Legacy Friends
- Lifespan Education, Jaye Williams - Youth Religious Education, Adult Religious Education, Spiritual Fellowship Groups, Interest groups
- Physical Plant, Bill Dowling - Grounds maintenance, building maintenance, A/V and telecom equipment
- Social Activities, Eileen and Steve Leapley
- Social Justice, Marty King - Green Sanctuary, Interweave, Community Outreach, Common Good
- Sunday Morning Experience, Lori Baribeault - Worship, music, ushers/greeters, Sunday social time
- Welcome/Membership, Claire Harrison - Welcome Table, Pathways to Membership