From the VP
The Board of Trustees, after work with the Coordinating Council and several task groups, is very pleased to share the Congregational Goals for this fiscal year. For the past several years, we have worked to establish goals that will hold us accountable and will help focus our congregation’s work. These goals come from a variety of sources and are discussed and agreed upon at the Board’s annual retreat held at the beginning of the fiscal year. This year our retreat was held on the Sanctuary lanai.
The goals listed were adopted at our May 11 meeting; they are ambitious and worthwhile. They reflect a desire to support a caring congregation in which we treat each other with respect while working to make justice for others a reality. The goals reflect a continual seeking of truth and of currency with the issues surrounding us. For two years, we have chosen to order our goals by our mission statement. We have found that practice very helpful in helping us maintain focus on what is important.
We hope you will join in supporting these goals as many of our teams will be active in their actualization. We add, with great humility, we are proud of these goals and think they reflect our desire to support a loving congregation that does important work.
UUCOV Congregational Goals for 2017/18
(Ordered by Mission)
Responsibility to be open and welcoming to a diverse people
1. Renew our LBGTQI Welcoming Status.
2. Support a sensitization program in relation to race, immigration status, sexual orientation, religious and political perspectives.
3. Actualize “Engaging Conflict” strategies
4. Increase access to leadership and continue to enhance transparency
Growth of the human spirit and search for truth and meaning
5. Refresh current mission statement
6. Provide increased spiritual practice training
Participation in both social and community affairs.
7. Explore opportunities for increased support to our community.
8. Explore our congregational needs now and in the future.
9. Hold leadership development training
10. Complete development of clear “job descriptions” for volunteer positions. (carry over from previous year)
11. Explore staffing needs.